“Zatoun is Palestine in a bottle”
Fair Trade Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Soap
The Cost of a $15 Bottle of Zatoun Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Below is the cost breakdown for the 2007 order, our largest to date and the
most economically efficient by far.
- 25% direct to farmers
- 50% direct cost to Palestinians
- 63% contributed to Palestinians (with donation)
- 80% or $12.00 returned to Palestine (with future purchase fund)
- only 20% or $3.00 non-Palestine / non-oil operating cost
- 0% administration - costs are covered by separate donations to Zatoun
Breakdown of Zatoun Olive Oil @ $15 Bottle
"Wholesale discount" is the total cost of discount to retailers; i.e. Zatoun receives $14.15 per bottle over entire annual order
"Future Purchase Fund" is the portion held to enable future oil purchases, Zatoun needs to self-fund its growth
"Shipping, etc." includes cost of bringing oil to North America AND also cost of shipping to customers. Zatoun subsidizes shipping to continental extremities to ensure affordability.